Mustard Seed Church is seeking a full-time receptionist to provide front desk support in a friendly and courteous manner, manage a busy office environment and be an efficient administrator. This is an excellent opportunity for a lover of Jesus AND people who will contribute to the overall character of the entire church and its outreach to the community.
To apply, please send a complete resume to email@example.com. Resumes are being accepted via email through August 7, 2017 with the application process starting on August 8, 2017.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A motivated self-starter with a welcoming, professional demeanor, and a positive attitude (a joy to be around)
- An expert communicator, on the phone and by email
- A lover of people and administration with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, reliable, well organized, and an effective multi-tasker
- Able to remain highly productive and work independently with minimal supervision, and be able to work as part of a team.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Somewhat tech-savvy (proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher); Google for calendars, and database entry. Willing to work a flexible schedule when needed
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- 36-40 hour/week position with Sunday responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with staff, congregation members and service technicians to conduct the business of the church
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist callers or direct to the appropriate staff
- Keep church membership database up to date and accurate
- Take reservation requests for church facilities and make sure reservations are recorded to avoid scheduling conflicts
- Prepare and print bulletins for all worship services and special events
- Attend weekly staff meeting, take notes, follow up with staff members, and assist with clerical duties, as needed.
- Create letters, flyers, or other printed or electronic communications for special events and classes
- Create and send church-wide email announcements and prayer requests
- Maintain church master calendar on a daily basis
- Send out first time visitor letters
- Coordinate the receipt, sending and distribution of all church mail and deliveries
- Organize, order and maintain Pastoral staff administrative supplies
- Assist the Social Media Manager with maintaining the church website – keep the calendar and important activities/events up to date
- Other duties as assigned by the Church Administrator or Senior Pastor
- A 4-year college degree preferred; but Associate’s degree accepted
- Two+ years administrative experience in an office environment, church office a plus; and/or
- Any combination of training, experience and/or education that provides the administrative and secretarial skills and understanding required to effectively perform the essential requirements of this position as described above
- A basic understanding of office organization and operations
- An understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a partner in good standing at Mustard Seed Church or a willingness to become a partner at Mustard Seed Church.